Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Super and Not-So-Superman

My back is killing me. I'd tell you how I hurt it, but I'm not even sure what happened, just that one moment I was fine, the next...immense pain. As such, I can't even really get comfortable enough to sit and type long, so this'll probably be a short post.

Or I'll just be in a very bad mood when I'm done.

Saw Superman on Saturday. Dude. Very cool. I'd say stuff about my few problems with it, but it was good enough that I don't want to risk ruining it for anyone. It was good enough to make up for how horrible X-Men 3 was. I forgive Singer for abandoning the X-Men to make this film. I've seen that people have had great things to say about Spacey as Luthor (and they were right), but they've also been less than kind to Routh's Superman and Bosworth's Lois Lane, but I was comfortable with them. Routh did a good job for somebody I'd never heard of. He did a good job portraying Superman's humanity as well as that sense of alienation that the character needed for other elements of the story to play out. I think that, by the end, Superman found his place in the universe. Which turned out to be cooler than I expected. Singer showed some heart with this one. Next, Pirates of the Carribean!

Also, my mother-in-law has gone home leaving my wife and I with Andria's niece. We're having a good time and all, but if she continues getting up and crashing on the couch as I'm getting prepped for work, we're going to have to have a little talk. I can't tiptoe around and get my morning routine done (not to mention that I'd worked in some time for a couple races in Midnight Club that didn't happen because I blew so much time trying not to wake her up).
She's got a bed. Why can't she sleep in it?!?!?

Oh, and we went to 2 different 4th of July fireworks displays yesterday. Actually, we only saw the one, but we showed up where the first was going to be, decided it was destined to be crap, and left. The one we stayed for wasn't much better. It was raining quite a bit and apparently that affected how much they were able to shoot off. In the 45 minutes or so from the time it was supposed to start to when we left, they shot off about 5 rounds of fireworks separated by long periods of waiting in the rain. Bleh. Oddly enough, the town across the river (who the storm had to pass to get to us) shot off their stuff just fine. We weren't sitting where we could see it, but we could hear it all. I wonder what they did differently...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home