Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bad News, Good News

I got some bad news yesterday. Not bad "my life will be changed forever and I'll never quite get over it" bad, but bad enough that after arriving home alone I curled up with Batty and Nikia and allowed them to impede my movements as I played a few races on Midnight Club 3.

It turns out that due to a mistake on the part of my brother's father-in-law that their dog, Homey, got out and was hit by a car. As he was about the same size as your average squirrel, just taller, you can imagine that didn't end happily. I really liked Homey, too. Not enough to want a dog like him, too energetic, but enough that when he came to visit it was fun to play with him. That, and I have a soft-spot for small furry things. So, next time you're drinking something, pour a bit out on the curb for Homey.

In happier news, I'm quite thrilled about the Superman movie. With Singer directing, I have little doubt it'll be fun to watch. I expect it will be quite different than X-Men was, if it isn't I'll be disappointed, but...Kevin Spacey as Luthor sounds cool! And the trailers and sneak previews I've seen have proven that Singer hasn't lost his visual sense. I'll be going with my wife, mother-in-law and niece, so the nearly 3hr length has me a bit nervous about SOMEONE needing a bathroom break (which I why I don't drink during movies...I learned after The Patriot). Of course, I probably won't be seeing it until Saturday afternoon, so don't expect any real news about it from me until next week, but, by all means, feel free to see it yourself.

Oh...and the Spider-Man 3 trailer runs with it. I've seen it on Apple's trailers site, and it rocked my world. Dude. Sandman...black suit Spidey...Harry on a glider...not bad at all.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

Sorry to hear about your brother's dog.

I have great faith in Singer and his ability to handle Superman. What I don't have great faith in is the Wolverine spinoff I just read about. Why, dear Lord, why?

I still like the Applegeeks reaction to the Spider-Man 3 trailer.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

Wolverine is overexposed in comics...why not movies, too?

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home