Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Coming Soon(er or Later)...

Yeah, so that comic I've been working on...I don't know what's up with that. In the conceptual phase I was all gung-ho about it. "Yay, superheroes!" and all. Thing is, I lost steam. I realized that, while I had a concept, I didn't really know how to get from A to Z. Some of that is actually due to memory. I was counting on remembering some of the ideas I'd had from the first version of the comic I'd come up with B.K. (before Keenspace). Some of that was crap, but the backstory for Widow, especially, was some good stuff. I can still remember bits of it, but that's not enough. Plus, I think I took too long getting it actually going. I wasn't at a place in life that was conducive to starting a whole new work and I recognize that now. I AM however in that place now, I think. Only time will tell for sure, but I've already gotten the first page of a new comic mostly drawn and I plan to have it scanned and such very soon.

Don't get your hopes up, though, I don't plan on debuting it until August. Ze Cricket will get a preview, because I plan on uploading pages as I finish them, but next month is going to be busy for me (my niece, daughter of my sister-in-law, will be staying with us for a couple weeks, then we'll be in Idaho for a couple after that) and I don't want to start the project with a string of missed updates. However, this project is at the same time something new that I'm interested in and a steam-builder. I do intend to get that superhero comic going. I just need to be able to be in a place where everything is flowing in that direction, which it isn't right now. Something else caught my eye.

No, I won't be posting previews. I've only got a couple VERY rough sketches besides the first page, and I'm not letting those hit daylight. I'm kind of doing this on the fly, designing characters on the page (which I couldn't do with superheroes). I think it'll be cool. It's like nothing I've ever done before. And I plan on it being short, for me.

That means I hope I'll be done with it before my (unborn) child is in kindergarten.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home