Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Not Quite The Man...

When I wake up in the morning, I usually watch the Today Show. I'm not really sure WHY, but that's become my habit. This morning and last, they showed exerpts from an interview with Prince Charles and his two legitimate off-spring.

What?

Anyway, as I ironed my pants I noticed a few things. First of all, Big Willie and C-Note did all the talking, so apparently the Queen threatened to beat Harry within an inch...I mean a decimeter (they use the metric system there) of his life if he opened his Nazi boot-licking mouth, or they cut the part of the interview where he tried to "cleanse" the reporter who'd played Motel in a high school production of Fiddler. Second, I began to wonder if maybe Charlie-boy doesn't cry himself to sleep listening to Tom Petty's "It's Good to Be King" as Camilla P.B. (or as the royal family calls her "that ugly hussy we 'traded' Diana for", except William and Harry who call her "the family dog") mocks him because "mommy" won't ever let him have the crown.

All that got me thinking...is there any group of people more useless than the British Royal Family? I mean, they have Parlaiment there. They've got a Prime Minister. They have a government that is almost completely divorced from the "royals" (kinda reminds me of the "supers" in The Incredibles...). So what's the point? Who could be more useless?

Then I walked outside and saw Rednecks.

Well, there ya go...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

As I was reading this, one thing really caught my attention: you iron your pants? What the hell, man? You didn't used to iron your pants. You wore them wrinkly just like the rest of us. What happened to you, man? You used to be so...okay, well, maybe not cool or hip or anything, but at least anti-authority enough to not iron your pants.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home