Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Yeti in the Room

I've mentioned before that I have strange...cravings is the wrong word, I think...when it comes to entertainment. Like how I randomly decided I wanted to watch Weekend at Bernie's out of the blue. You may've seen, in times past, how Cricket and Clyde formed both halves of the musical assemblage known as Cross-Eyed Yeti (XeY). Not the first name the duo went by, but that's neither here nor there. It's worth mentioning that I was the original bass player for XeY, but not by any merit of talent. More, they thought it was funny how I'd just forget to continue playing at random intervals.

Anyway, I've had an odd desire lately to hear XeY perform some classic rock. I can't explain it. I wanna hear a Yeti Freebird. I wanna hear an accoustic Yeti Dream On. There are more than a couple Beatles and Pink Floyd songs I'd like to hear. Why? I dunno. The idea crossed my mind once and stuck. Of course, we'd be more likely to hear XeY takes on Bob Dylan than anything I'd suggest because that's the kind of guy Cricket is. Still, I think I'd like to hear a classic rock Yeti cd someday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

We could always do the Yeti classic "Baby One More Time."

Oh, and I refuse to ever do "Freebird." Clif tried to trick me into learning the chords once, but I blanked out. When I came to, he was lying in a heap surrounded by shrapnel that was once a guitar. We don't do "Freebird."

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home