Monday, March 13, 2006

Friggin' Potheads

...Oh, excuse me...that should read Potterheads.

So, historically, I've been anti-Harry Potter. There's no rhyme or reason to WHY I've been against the young wizard and the tales of his exploits. It was more of an arbitrary decision. Maybe that everyone and their grandmothers were screaming about how these books were the greatest thing to hit the printed word since moveable type, much like how I hate country music based, mostly, on how everyone here in Hicksville, USA, loves country music. Anyway, the local movie chain (well, the chain isn't local, but they have two outlets in my tiny town and no competition) has been offering one free rental a day over the weekend, so long as you get something that isn't new. Well, I'm not sure how it went down, but Saturday we came home with The Sorcerer's Stone and Sunday, because one of the others we'd intended to get was out, we got both The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban.

But Monkey, you're thinking, that's two movies and you were only getting one free per day and that's TWO on Sunday.

True, but its one free per day PER STORE. I do so enjoy working the system. Besides, if they didn't want people to do it, they'd make the computers at both stores reflect what the customer has done regardless of location.

Anyway, so in one weekend I've gone from no Potter whatsoever to one movie shy of all the Potter there is. Not too shabby. My wife did point out that it was quite a bit of the same thing in such a short timespan. Then again, she frowns on the idea of me getting the entire run of 24 through Netflix, as such is available, because that's a lot of 24.

I wouldn't be expecting me to read the books, though, if I were you. I still haven't finished American Gods yet...and I started that (more or less) back before Christmas.

Good thing I work at the library. They might've gotten mad at me otherwise.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home