Tuesday, February 07, 2006

...To a Theater Near You

This (Tuesday Feb. 7th's update) is what you call an official sneak peek at my next project. I think I mentioned before (farbeit from me to check) that Chuck's seen the project I'm working on, but in an earlier incarnation. Here's a hint: it's a superhero thing. Yeah, I know the genre's been done to death in print, but there are precious few straight superhero webcomics. Of superhero comics that do come to mind, there's Blank Label's Evil, Inc. by the guy who did Greystone Inn and ComicGenesis's The Green Avenger and Mindmistress. I'm sure there are some out there I'm not thinking of, but that's all that I'm readily aware of. The thing is, Evil, Inc. is really more of a humor strip with superheroes in it and The Green Avenger is more autobiographical with powers added in. To be truthful, I'm not THAT aware of any of them. I've just seen the ads for Evil, Inc. while reading Real Life and Starslip Crisis (two other Blank Label Comics) and the authors of the CG comics would pop in and out of the CG forum at times. What I'm going to try and do is play it straight. No autobiographical storypoints, no humor for humor's sake. If something funny happens, it'll be because it's in the flow of the story and in character for whoever it happens to. I'm shooting for lots of action. Character development is all fine and good, I'm going to put as much in as possible, but first and foremost, there'll be stuff happening. Why? Because it's more fun to read AND to draw when it's not just talking heads. The character designs I'm throwing up right now are just to whet you appetite. Rest assured, I'm putting a lot of work into this before I actually do the comic so that it won't suck.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Excellent...that sounds pretty cool. I look forward to it! :)

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Good luck, and keep folks updated. I don't doubt that with skills like yours you can blow the few other straight superhero comics out of the water.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home