Wednesday, December 07, 2005

OH NO!

I've just set up the Vapor Lock archive site with Oh No Robot, which, by use of some fancy technical crap I don't understand, allows users to SEARCH comic strips. Basically, if you remember a line or a couple words from a comic, but you don't know the date it ran on and don't feel like searching strip-by-strip, you can punch in what you do know and it'll bring up a list of pages with similar text.

Here's the catch: the strips have to be transcribed to be searchable. That's simple enough. The whole thing is already set up so that it can be done...I just need people to help me. I may not have that many strips, but I do have more than a couple. If you're interested, go through some of the archives and click the "Transcribe This Comic" button. If it comes up with a place where you can type it in, go ahead. If not, then at least it's taken care of.

I'd really appreciate your help in doing this. Thanks! I hope it makes things easier for you all, too.

By the way, if Cricket likes it, he may be implementing the same thing on the Crooked Halo site (needing similar help). We'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home