Tuesday, November 29, 2005

VL gone XL

So today, Tuesday, November 29th, Vapor Lock is a bit larger than usual. There's your payoff for not having one on Thanksgiving Day. I know, in reality, that it doesn't look like that much more to YOU, but my aching drawing hand (the one I broke that only KINDA healed) says it is. I'm having fun with this story, to tell the truth, and I think I may actually finish it before the year is out. I lamented to Andria that it wasn't going to happen, but since today's strip is a condensed version of a couple strips I had planned, I may be back on track.

If you look at the strip today, actually, you should notice that this is the first time in a long time a strip has been this large. In the early days, I wasted a lot of space so that the panels could kind of drop down the page, creating a kind of logical flow. Plus, I did all the drawings for the panels separately. Since I'm doing them all on the same sheet, characters on the background and all, it's more work (I mean, I may have to scrap the old apartment set I used for Cal and Trav's place since I can't use it like this). Honestly, I think it's good for me to do things like this now. Hurts a lot more, but at least I'm drawing a lot of things I didn't before.

Hooray for extra effort.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home