Monday, December 12, 2005

I like to get PAID

Well, it's finally happened. Dim Bulb had little, if nothing to do with it (maybe some sort of peripheral thing like adding some cred to my name), but it happened. I finally got paid to draw something for someone. I'm not counting a tatoo drawing I did for a guy in Colorado, mind you, because this was actual cartoon work. Dude got a pretty nice drawing, too, if I do say so myself. He got the original drawing and an 8x10 print for his money and I got a boost to my ego (as a few bucks to cover a bit of an overage on my Christmas budget). The whole thing was a bit of a bummer to me at first. I mean, he was actually offering me more money than I'd intended to charge him (so I put the extra toward the print), so the money was good. It was more the subject. I was asked to draw what amounted to a female Inuyasha, which offended the creative side of my brain, but in the end, I think I did some work worthy of justifying the whole thing.

Anyway, I'll post the finished version sometime because, like I said, it isn't my most creative work, but it's dang spiffy. AND, if anyone else is in the market for something like that (he was giving it as a gift to the person who it was the alter-ego for), feel free to email me at noisemonkey at hotmail dot com. You'll figure that out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

SELLOUT!!!!



...okay, I'm just jealous.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home