Thursday, February 09, 2006

Clarifications and Sketches

First of all, I want to make it clear that I didn't mean a slight to any of the comics I mentioned earlier. I rather like what I read of The Green Avenger (Ye Olde Snarky thinks its rather keen as well), I just haven't actually read it all. And as Mindmistress goes...I just haven't read it. No particular reason. Just haven't.

If you're wondering about whether or not Abby (the force behind GA)'s post having anything to do with this clarification, the answer is yes. I might need to get some of her expertise at some point and I don't want her thinking I was being a jerk. At least, not where she's concerned...I'm kind of a jerk otherwise...like that whole FTP business a couple months ago...

Anyway, this sketch was going to be another preview teaser, but I thought that Cricket would like for people to actually SEE his late comic. So I'll post it here, then maybe do some color-y things to it and repost it next week....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magellan.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

Hurray! It IS the idea I thought you were talking about!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it! I don't expect people to read my comic, and you didn't say anything bad or offensive in any way! I'd be delighted to help you if you need any advice, though I have more experience with humor than seriousity. My email's on my front page. :)

(And it wasn't as if one of my posse told me about your post and was all like, "Abby! Some bitch be talking smack about your comic!" I just obsessively stalk technorati... (chagrin))

7:16 AM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

Actually, I read through a good chunk of your archives one day, got busy the next couple days and forgot to pick up where I left off because my mind has the retention level of your average goldfish. Mostly, I was just afraid that in setting myself up against what I would consider is the same type of superhero comic (there is one CG guy who does this sort of thing...and I despise his work on so many levels...)that I'd inadvertantly said something wrong. Thanks for assuming the best...

7:29 AM  
Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

Man, I was hoping for an artist throw down. C'mon, people, kill for my amusement!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no way. Just between us, the one straight superhero comic I've read on CG was pretty bad, too.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

heh..."just between us"...'cause NOBODY reads ANYTHING on the internet... ;)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

I'm willing to stake a wager that nobody reads much of anything on our site, let alone the comments in a rantspace topic.

Then again, I'm cynical.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the comments, and I read your comics :-). Wish you still lived in Clarksville, Chuck. I miss you.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home