Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Coming to Grips...

I love my new tablet. Wacom makes good stuff. I've enjoyed using it since I got it (even through the time when I felt like I was learning to draw all over again). That's why it saddens me that I've realized that if I'm to do a comic for more than one day a week, I'm going to have to ink by hand. The problem is that inking digitally and inking directly on the paper takes the same amount of time. Unfortunately, that means that I can only ink when I'm around the computer, which I'm not most of the time I have available for drawing. As it is, I'm not sure how or if I'll be able to do "(title forthcoming)" more than one day a week ANYWAY. Cricket and I have spoken about doing that Zendariel thing and as soon as he starts churning out script pages, I want to start drawing it (though I may get a bit of a buffer going before pages start hitting the site). Sadly, this is not like back in the day when Dim Bulb was almost fully offline. Two comics once a month is SO much easier than three comics a week proved to be, and since I'm putting a lot more work into the comics now, "(title forthcoming)" will suck at least as much time up as Vapor Lock did in it's final storyline.

That was a considerable amount, kids.

Actually, if it was much more than before, I didn't notice. I'd learned a few tricks for speeding up the process by then, so maybe it wasn't so bad, but actually drawing the pages DID take longer because there was more there and I don't think I would've been able to keep up the schedule AT ALL if Troubled Times hadn't passed off the scene.

If only I had all the time in the world...*sigh*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home