Thursday, June 01, 2006

Aging

So, I tured 28 on Sunday. Yes, I'm aware it's now Thursday. You'll take the notification when I give it to you, and you'll like it!

Anyway, I realized that when I was younger creativity was easier for me. It was easier to write songs and poems and stories and things than it is now, and that's bothersome. I did, however, manage to figure out what the two main sources for my creativity were, though. First was my sense of wonder. I can find something to be amazed about at all times. It's also easier for me to sit back and enjoy something than it is for other people. There's almost always something to take interest in, even if it's not what is supposed to be the focus. Second, however, was my youthful irritation at where I was in life. I was angry and dissatisfied and I felt like everything sucked.

This causes a problem for me. Outside of my dwindling creativity, things are good. I'm married to a woman I love more than anything. She's pregnant with our first child. I like my job. I'm not completely and utterly broke (close enough, but still...). There's just not a lot to make me angry/sad/depressed enough to be creative anymore.

That really sucks. ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

You do smell kinda funny. That's something to be angry about.

And you live in Arkansas.

Happy birthday, though. I need to be reminded of these things beforehand so I can do things to humilia--I mean, honor you on the site. Yeah.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home