Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Flame On!

Today's sketch is the standard Marvel Universe version of St. John "Pyro" Allerdyce. Well, actually, if it were the current version of Pyro, it'd be a decomposing corpse, but other than that, we've got Pyro here. I'm not sure exactly how many of these I've got left in the buffer, because I haven't drawn jack squat since seeing X-Meh.

I stand by that spelling.

Saying that I hated The Last Stand would be incorrect. It's like that episode of Friends where Rachel tries to make a dessert and the pages stick together, so she ends up making it part shepherd's pie and Joey's talking about how good it is. You see, while the part of my brain that recognizes things as being good and bad are tossing it over the balcony (and blaming it on a bird attack), the stupid part of my brain is thinking: "Action...good. Special effects...good. X-Men*...good." I left the theater (on my birthday, mind you...this is something I've had time to think over) feeling like I'd just had my pocket picked by George Lucas (which follows because while getting your pocket picked sucks, I would still be stoked about meeting George Lucas). After the adrenaline rush died down, though, I started remembering all the little things that were bothering me. So, I didn't get to enjoy the initial post-movie high AND I decided I'd been cheated upon reflection.

That said, I think it would be acceptable to set Brett Ratner aflame and forget this movie happened.

*I'm talking the comic book characters here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home