Monday, June 26, 2006

Notes from Home

Well, my mother-in-law and niece get here tonight. I'm less than thrilled that they get here on the last flight in and that I'll be driving home from Little Rock in time to get about 5 hours of sleep before getting up for work tomorrow, but it'll be good to have them here. I'm also so very tired of cleaning and once they're here, we'll no longer be preparing for them to arrive which should mean cleaning will have abated for a bit.

My air conditioner smells like the ocean. Well, sort of. You have to keep in mind that my sense of smell works with about the same accuracy rate that Stormtroopers shoot at. Anyway, the humidity in the air condensates on the coils in the A/C unit and then pools inside it until it overflows out the back. This, unfortunately, also leaves plenty of standing water from mosquitoes to breed in, along with easy access to the house...grrr...but it also creates odd smells on the outside of the unit. The one in the front smells a bit like pee. I'll take the ocean one, thanks.

My lungs are healing nicely, thanks. The chemical burns seem to not have been that serious and I expect to be able to breathe normally by the end of the week. This is altogether pleasing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home