Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Shoot the Mailman

That's what I feel like doing right now.

Of course, I'm stopped by the fact that I 1) haven't got a gun and 2) never see the guy anyway, since I'm at work when he makes his passes. Truth is, it probably isn't even his fault. I mean, in the myriad of hands mail passes through, there are countless possibilities of parties who could be at fault.

But no one is helping me and that makes me unpleasant to be around.

It all started back on the 2nd (or 3rd...one of those two). My wife got together some of our bills which, being bills, like to be paid, and sent them out complete with checks for the recommended amounts. One was for our electricity and the other was for my student loan.

They were never heard from again.

This is particularly frustrating. We now have a late fee on our electric bill that won't disappear even if the envelope containing the check they desire does arrived, postmarked WELL before the day it was due. Frankly, they don't care that it's not my fault. And, somehow, I doubt the US Postal service is going to cover the difference.

The student loan I am less concerned about. I'm well ahead on payments, so its not like that is a problem, but it'd still be nice if the check showed up where it belongs. That IS why we sent it out, you know? It wasn't an arbitrary action. There was a purpose.

And it was summarily thwarted by the USPS.

Screw you, too, government.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home