Friday, June 23, 2006

Family Stuff

So, things've been happening in the old Familia del Monkey... My brother and his wife had their second child on Wednesday. I was going to announce that then, but I was a little irritated at the time (see the previous post, located below) and I didn't want to put it as a "by the way" at the end of that mess or have it as a lead in to the anger, either. Anyway, she's cute, as baby's tend to be, and I look forward to meeting her.

Also, my mother-in-law and my niece are coming down from Potato-land for a visit...the mother-in-law's will be for less than a week, but the niece is crashing at La Casa for a couple weeks following. We'll drive her back home (and stay for a couple weeks there) afterwards, which'll give Andria some quality time with her niece, which she hasn't had since she started college in 2002.

Of course, since we're busy people (ok, she's busy...homework and all...and I'm lazy) our cleaning has gotten a bit behind and we've had to make up for it the last little bit. Last night, I cleaned the bathroom. Obviously, fumes from harsh cleaning chemicals are not good for pregnant women and their babies, so there was no arguing that it was up to me.

I did not go to the hospital for the chemical burns I have in my lungs thanks to the fact that the air in my bathroom refuses to circulate. It remains to be seen if that was a prudent choice on my part.

Also, it seems the build-up of chlorine and bleach has made my tears caustic, as they continue to burn my eyes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home