Monday, August 14, 2006

What I did on my Vacation...

Alright, so, as you may have noticed (though less likely than you would if it were Cricket since a) he makes comics and b) his blog/rantspace is above mine) I went on vacation for a bit last month. First, we went to Idaho (by way of my aunt's house in Colorado Springs), and we had a good time there. It was miserable hot (like it usually is in Arkansas), which was odd since it isn't usually so hot or humid there as it was when we were there, but...that's the weather for you. Hooray for global warming!

Anyway, after stopping in Evergreen, Colorado, we went on to Chicago. Freakin' awesome town. I'd like to go back for a bit longer, but next time I'm going to know where all I'm going so that I can have directions. WAY too much walking done there (we ended up in a part of town were there aren't many bus stops and no taxis at all). But, we did manage to see some thing, so here's the pictorial bit...

We spent the morning of our first full day...actually, our only full day, asleep, but after that, we hunted down a daypass for the CTA (public transportation for those who live in the middle of nowhere...like me) and then we stopped at the Holy Name Cathedral (which was about 4 blocks away from the store where we finally found our passes). Awesome building.

After that, we did a bit of walking. I forget where all we went (based on the pictures I have with me at the moment) but I know that eventually we went to Grant Park to see the Buckingham Fountain (an Andria thing).

So I have to confess something...


That's right. I had no idea. I did manage to hear a little bit of Matisyahu while we walked by, though...


After that, we stopped by the Field Museum of Natural History. Fortunately, the T-Rex "Sue" did not eat my wife. Sue does seem a bit annorexic to me, though...probably should've popped over the the food court right behind her.

Anyway, after that, we wandered around a lot.

Eventually, we found our way back to the hotel and ordered ourselves some pizza and watched Ice Age 2 on tv. It was ok. The movie, I mean. The pizza rocked.

The next day we were supposed to be on the road by noon at the latest (which was also our check-out time at the hotel), but we decided that we wanted to see Wrigley field still, which we did, and go up the Sears Tower, which we did. I took the picture from the bottom on the day we got there, though...




So, we went up, I realized that once again I'd voluntarily gone up something incredibly tall in spite of my fear of heights and, well, it was cool, but I was glad to be back down.

Aren't we cute?

Anyway, so then, we drove all the way home and I didn't die from exhaustion while driving (though I came close...and even closer after working the rest of the day after that since I went straight to work). Then, worse than the Lollapalooza thing, I found out that Wizard World Comic Con was ALSO in town that same weekend. AND I MISSED IT! I am cursed! Anyway, I still had a good time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home