Tuesday, July 18, 2006

On the Road Again...

For reference, it's track 11 that's running through my brain.

So, I'm checking out for a bit. Somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30 this evening, my wife, my niece and I will be driving out for Idaho. I've decided to make the Colorado leg an overnighter because...well, my niece is 5 and you know how they can be on long trips. Better to have her sleep. This would've worked out better if I'd gotten a better night's sleep last night, but waiting on some much needed clothes to dry kinda killed that. Not to mention the mysterious banging noise that woke my wife and I at 5:30 this morning. I wish it'd been some punk kid so I could deprive their parents of offspring.

I'm a little worried about the trip. My lower back has been a wreck for a couple weeks now; it slipped out on July 3rd and I've seen the chiropractor twice for it, the last of which better have done the trip or it's going to be a really long, uncomfortable drive.

I'm really looking forward to the return trip. No insult intended towards my in-laws, but I've seen southern Idaho before and it makes post-nuke Nagasaki look lush.

...Is it far enough removed that it's ok to make jokes about places getting blown up in WWII yet? Oh well.

What I'm so excited about is that my wife and I will be stopping in Chicago on the way home. It's worth noting that Chicago is not on the way home from Idaho, or at least not the most direct way, but we're staying there for a couple days to celebrate anniversary #2. Quite thrilling, really. We'll be staying not more than a few blocks from the Sears Tower.

Hopefully all the terrorists who had ideas about attacking the Sears Tower were caught in Florida a couple weeks back. I don't want it on me.

When we get back, I'll try to post some pictures.

In far less important news, NBC.com has started running the summer webisodes of The Office. I have yet to see them, but I did save the first two on my computer, so I'll get to them later. I hope they're still available when I get back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

Dude, you sit at a desk all day. How the hell did you injure your back?

Wait, nevermind, I don't want to know.

Have fun in Chicago! Go hear some good blues while you're up there (remember, there are three major areas for the blues in America: Memphis, New Orleans, and Chicago).

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home