Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Slammin' the 'Code'

No, I've never read the book. It may be everything people claim it is, in terms of story-telling, but people tend to take it too seriously and put stock in it when it's about as well researched as your average Stephen Ambrose book. Ask Cricket about that. I mean, one of the characters who is supposedly a historian cites, for example, the apocryphal Gospel of Philip as proof that Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife because the word translated "companion" is an Aramaic word that literally means "spouse".

Which would've been a lot less embarrassing for the author if the Gospel of Philip hadn't been written in Greek.

So, yeah, I'd have problems with the book on a theological level anyway, but this is just shoddy research. I'll be doing something similar with a story point I'll reveal in the next couple comics, but only because I don't have access to certain materials that can be worked into the comic without messing with a lot of things like copyright violation and such.

But then, no one bases their beliefs on anything I do in Vapor Lock, anyway.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home