Thursday, September 01, 2005

This Seems Somehow...Familiar

It's kind of funny. I've been working for the U of O for nearly a month and a half and everything has been running smoothly. Well, most of that time anyway. You see, classes started back on Tuesday last week which meant it was almost time for that most eagerly anticipated event of the year.

That's right, the first major network outage of the year!

Since, presumably, Sunday night, getting to a website has been something akin to breaking out of Alcatraz. The thing is, though the network might be considered "down" right now, there are still a few sites that come up, no problem. Few of them I care about (they're usually unrelated to work or my own entertainment), but you can get to them. On the other hand, sites that I NEED for work have remained just outside my grasp (I can get to the log-in screen of a site I do some of my work on, but I can't actually log-in). It reminds me of this strip Cricket did a while back. Except, I'm not living at school...I just work here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home