Monday, December 04, 2006

T-minus 1 day and counting...

First of all...


Hee hee! I'm quite excited that we found this. Now, it's only three years until he'll be old enough to play with it.

So, anyway, tomorrow's the due date. I'm getting anxious. It's not nerves, exactly. I'm just really over the waiting and there is always a sense of uncertainty when you start something new. Especially when it involves someone who'll change your life forever. I mean, at this point, Aaron has no idea that I'm an idiot. I figure I'll be able to hide that fact from him for 8, maybe 9 or 10 years, but then...ugh. Hopefully, I'll wise up enough in the meantime that I can stay ahead of that notion until adolescence, when I don't have a chance anyway.

The funny thing about all this stuff is that I'm vacillating between calm and nervous calm. The only main difference is an elusive feeling of tension (along the lines of what Obi-Wan mentioned at the start of Phantom Menace). That nervous feeling makes me more nervous than the actual reason I'm getting the feeling in the first place. I mean...is my subconscious trying to tell me I've forgotten to take care of something???

Either way, tomorrow just my be my boy's birthday. Those only come around once in a lifetime. Usually, the celebration of such is far less frantic and not nearly so traumatic for those involved (though I'm sure the doctors wish they could get the money on said celebration days that they get for the main event). Still, I'm really excited and I can't wait to turn him into a Star Wars fan.

'Cause it's not like I'm going to be able to help him turn into an athlete.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home