Monday, November 06, 2006

Blues

Things have been a roller coaster over the last couple months with my grandpa. He's been in poor health for a couple years now, but things have taken a turn for the worse in the last little bit. They found cancer. They took most of it out, started him on chemo. Last week, he got pneumonia. He pulled through the surgery with the cancer, so maybe he can pull it off again and come through. I hope so. If any of you out there pray, I'd appreciate it if you'd say a couple in his favor. If you don't, I'd take it as a personal favor if you picked it up in the short-term, at least.

This is one of the things that's been keeping me from doing comics lately. The worrying has done a lot to keep me from being that creative. In fact, it's one of the few things that can distract me from thinking constantly about the baby. I hope my grandpa lives long enough to meet him.

In case you're wondering. This does have a lot to do with the ACS button in the links. It would seem that we're all driven to support the causes that affect us most directly.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

I hope your grandfather comes out of all this okay. I remember when my great-grandfather died five or six years back, and just how rough the last few months of it were.

But, I get the feeling that your grandfather is much like my great-grandfather was: both are men of God, and both have had full lives with no regrets. It'd be nice if he lived to see his great-grandbaby, though.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pray for your grandfather, for you, for your wife and for your baby. May God bless the four of you.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

Thanks, both of you. Just to clarify for Cricket, especially, this is my mother's father who lives in California. He's a good man and I'm not really prepared for him to go yet.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home