Wednesday, October 11, 2006

They're in my car! They're eatin' my gearz!

Related to nothing else below, the lady (loose definition) that works nights here at the library is apparently an idiot. I could understand if she were just a drama queen, but it is becoming apparent that the drama is not out of desire, but out of incompetence.

At life.

Ok, so, I've been having car troubles. They started a couple weeks back with what seemed like an exhaust issue. Specifically, when we started the car, we could smell exhaust...IN the car. Since it wasn't a pressing issue while we were moving (and it's a real pain in the butt to get in to see "the guy"), I put off taking the car in to get it fixed. Well, it got worse, so I worked things out so that I could get the car down to the shop and "the guy" fixed it.

Took all of about 30 seconds.

Since I'd left early that morning, I had time before work to get the car back to my wife, so as to return our usual transportation schedule to normal, and went to work. The car drove beautifully all the way home, or at least as much as it ever had. A couple hours later, Andria calls me up and says that the car is riding at least as bad as before and probably worse. This was not encouraging. "The guy" did his 30 seconds of work for free, since it was just a bit of welding and no real effort on his part (plus...I've gone to him for exhaust issues for years since he's something of a magician...dude can take a look at your car and bend the exhaust pipe to a perfect fit WITHOUT measuring...but I digress), but that didn't make it any less frustrating. By lunch time, I'd worked it out so that we'd meet at the guy we take our car to for all its other issues, which it has had many of. Turned out that what seemed to be the issue was solved by putting more oil in the car, which it had been burning and left us in need of. It had not been long enough since our last oil change to be that out of oil.

The next day, no noise, but the car was starting to vibrate. Hard. By this time, I was beginning to think it was going to be expensive since in the first two tries, it had totalled just under $11 to get those problems fixed. So, Monday I called and got the car in to have it checked. Again.

Know what the problem was? A wiring issue with the fuel injector. That much made sense. I mean, if your fuel ain't getting into the engine properly because of bad wires...the car wouldn't run smoothly. But do you know what the issue was?

MICE!!

Mice had eaten the wires in the fuel injector! WHY ARE THERE FREAKING MICE IN MY FUEL INJECTOR?!?!??!

So, I've got those mice a special treat. A little D-Con should take their minds off of my wiring. And, also, off living....muahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home