Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Bits

I love Halloween. As a self-proclaimed conservative Christian, you might find it odd that I do (I also like the rock music and I only refrain from dancing because I'm aware of how ridiculous I look when I try). I mean, it seems to be all the rage amongst people of a churchy nature to denounce the holiday as evil and such, but it still ranks as one of my favorites. I like dressing up and I like candy and, more than that, I like the Halloween cookies we made with my mom growing up. Dad, Steven and I (Andria now replaces my brother) would all be forced to decorate them as Mom churned out batch after batch of the cookies. It was our job to frost them and put their little chocolate chip eyes on and candy corn teeth. Eating more than a couple was a surefire way to send yourself into sugar shock, but well worth it.

Candy corn is the most underrated candy on the planet. It's one of those that you only see between Halloween and Thanksgiving, even though they have it hanging in those off-brand bags that go 2 for $1 at gas stations year-round. The thing is, someone realized its good stuff and decided to screw with it. My parents came home with a couple bags of "gourmet" candy corn. Cherry candy corn is an abomination before God. Green apple is strange, but at least it doesn't make the angels weep. I fail to see how they ever made it out of the taste test phase. I mean, surely one person had to have the good sense to say, "Hey, this tastes like floor cleaner!"

I've been kind of rant-y lately. In fact, it's been bringing to mind some comics I did a while back that I rather enjoyed making.

I'm just saying...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Noise Monkey said...

I'm going to refrain from passing judgment here. I've offended people in the past and this could be legit.

It could be!!! Stop looking at me like that!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home