Friday, October 05, 2007

Alive and Awake

It's rather disconcerting. This morning, when I woke up....I woke up. I've been more awake today than I've been in a while. I didn't get more sleep. I didn't eat better. I don't know what the difference was, but I was awake. Here's the run-down of my early morning...

6:00 - My alarm goes off. It's set to radio and, unfortunately, that means that sometimes I don't get good enough reception to wake me up.

6:10 - The wind shifts (or something) and suddenly the radio gets enough signal to wake me up. I hop out of bed and make Aaron a bottle, put the dogs out, change his diaper and begin feeding him. During this time, I continue a project I'd been working on for my Dad.

7:10 - Aaron's finished his bottle and drifted off. I've successfully convinced him to stay asleep (for some reason, if I set him down, it's a lot of work to make sure he doesn't jump up awake when he should be sleeping). I give the cat food and fill the dog bowl before hopping into the shower. I'm aware that I'm running 10 minutes behind and need to make up a lot of time.

7:25 - I'm out of the shower and dressed. I'm also quite happy about it because I managed to get out of the shower at about the same time as mornings I am not behind. This puts me back on schedule. I put a pop-tart in the toaster and refill the empty "gravity pack" from the unopened variety pack box. I comb my hair, deodorize and do the last few getting ready things.

7:43 - I'm sitting in the car, looking at the clock. I've kissed my wife goodbye, grabbed my pop-tart and a can of Mt. Dew Game Fuel, run out to the car, run back inside to grab a card I'm sending to my brother and I'm still five minutes AHEAD now.

I still have no idea what I could've possibly done different to make up 15 minutes of time this morning. I was afraid, for a while, that I'd forgotten something, but I'm fully dressed, so that isn't it. I even had time to finish my pop-tart IN THE CAR parked on the upper lot. I didn't have to walk (or run) up the ridiculously steep hill. I just strolled right on in.

Crazy.

In other news, I've been working on characters for My Friend Sylar. I'm good with Sylar and Mohinder, but Peter's face isn't doing if for me yet. I don't know why I'm bothering to do this ahead of time. It's not like they'll be in more than a couple strips each before I move on from it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home