Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Panictown

I mentioned in my previous post how I'd gotten an order for some paid art. The order is for 27 pictures conforming to specific concepts (though the layout and style is all me) on a very, very large flip-pad. And to have it done for the Monday after Fathers' Day.

Holy crap.

Since he may be leaving on Sunday afternoon (I don't know for sure), plus the fact that I don't want to spend my first Fathers' Day as an actual dad working (even if it is drawing), I have, from the point that I got all the materials from him, 12 days to finish. That works out to at least 2 pages every day with three others to be done at some point in the midst. Essentially, that means I started out three pages in the hole and, since yesterday I had to do some shopping for things we need for the house which kept me from drawing, to get back to zero, I'd have to draw 7 pages today.

Gah!!!

That's the 3 bonus pages plus yesterday's 2 and today's 2. And since I help out in the youth department at church (and since it'd be bad form to skip in favor of drawing with the commission coming from the preacher and all...), I'll be lucky if I get today's 2 done.

The upside is that I've already got thumbnails of over half of them done, so I won't have to waste time trying to put the concept on paper. That will be a huge time-sink when I run to the end of those. I need to get back on track before I finish...16, I think.

Hoo...boy....I'm in trouble.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

If'n you need help, Monkey, just say the word.

I can't necessarily copy your style, but I can do something close enough to it that it'd probably still work.

Plus, I wouldn't horn in on your commission.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

I appreciate the offer...unfortunately, it needs to be on the large pad. I'm doing it in pencil, then going over it in sharpie. If it was a larger scale production, a print shop could probably print images to size and bind them, but this is pretty slapped together.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home