Monday, May 21, 2007

I Need a Hero...

***Spoilers for those of you too lazy to watch tv when it's on...

Well, Heroes, Volume One, is over. Good episode. Not sure if I'm satisfied, but I'm going to watch it again in the morning while I'm feeding Aaron, so I'll be sure to have a more full feeling tomorrow. Of corse, I think I'd be happier if there'd been more spectacular use of powers, like the 5 Years Gone fight between Peter and Sylar that we didn't get to see, but, then, Peter is hardly capable of that kind of control, still.

Obviously.

It seems pretty safe to write-off Nathan as far as returning characters go. I mean, sure, you have to respect the old comic law that states that if you don't see a corpse, then it's still up in the air (of course, even then it isn't set in stone). It was nice that he finally made a good choice. He had such potential and yet he was always such a...there has to be a non-expletive laden expression for him, but words fail me.

I was glad to see that Ando survived. Especially later in the season, he became a very likable character. Hopefully, he'll be back once Hiro is back.

You know what I mean.

I thought the manhole cover bit at the end of Volume One, before Two kicked off, was a nice touch. Very comic book. Plus, Sylar has really grown on me. I wonder how long until he resurfaces...

Several of the other characters, some of whom are kind of up in the air as far as their survival goes, I'd like to see back. Partially, because I'm not sure what their purpose was. I mean, D.L., for instance. I'd also like to see Parkman be more useful, which can only happen if he continues to breathe. Niki...feh. Micah...I think it'd be hard to find ways to use him...especially with him being a kid.

It occurs to me that in the press releases, we were promised things that I don't remember seeing. New characters for next season, for one. I guess I'll be looking for that in the morning.

I really hope they keep Tim Sale on for artwork. I was always kind of lukewarm about his art in comics, though I did like the Batman books he did with Jeph Loeb. But his work on Heroes lends it some credibility. This isn't to put down Alex Maleev, the guy responsible for Sylar's whacked out stuff. I just don't dig his style as much. Still, his version of "Nathan" as President was pretty wicked.

Was Mohinder's only real purpose to save Molly so that they could find Sylar who would've shown his face there at the plaza anyway? I mean, that and leading Sylar to the mechanic with super hearing...

I forgot to mention my favorite moment from last week, an episode that I thought was thoroughly cool upon first viewing (maybe because Greg Beeman directed it....I liked his stuff in Smallville, too) was when Bennett took out Thompson.

So very cold.

Well, I'd go on, but Aaron is sleeping on my forearm and its really hard to type this way...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home