Monday, February 19, 2007

Grease'd

I've made mention of the fact, in times past, that I don't much care for reality tv. I've rehashed it a couple times and I don't feel like it again. Suffice to say, they aren't, generally, good. My wife, on the other hand, rather enjoys them. Specifically the music related ones, American Idol (though we've only watched a season and a half since we've been together) and Rockstar (which I actually enjoyed) spring to mind. This trend has been carried on with Grease: You're the One That I Want!, which I don't exactly hate, but that's more due to a general erosion of my willingness to fight over these things. I do have my favorite "Danny" and "Sandy"s, but it won't break my heart to see them go. Actually, I think it'd be funny if the show that they're casting for tanked. That would bring a great deal of joy to my blackened heart.

The thing that bothers me most about Grease... is that the songs stick in my head. I mean, it was bad enough when we'd watch the Travolta/Newton-John version, but now they get refreshed every week. It's akin to lighting yourself on fire and, when the flames begin to die down, you have a friend pour some more gasoline on you.

A perpetual Richard Pryor, if you will.

You'd get that reference if you were older.

Kids...feh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home