Monday, October 10, 2005

It Was Clever...

It was witty. It was well-written. It was short-lived.

I'm referring to my post all about the book Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Great book. Well worth the time it took to read. The post, however, got lost somewhere. Not sure how, but it ain't here. Rather annoying. Anyway, the book was good. I like the way he writes. Kind of like hearing a story of something that happened from a good friend. Only the good friend tells stories REALLY well.

This is compared to Douglas Adams, the previous holder of the title "Author I Most Recently 'Discovered' That I Really Enjoyed", who writes like a good friend telling you a story really well even though he's a bit drunk.

I'm going to try and get my hands on American Gods which apparently takes place in the same "world" (though its set on our Earth, it works within the same framework that Anansi Boys) and Anansi is even supposed to be in it. Though I don't know how much.

You should probably pick up something Gaiman has written. It'll be worth the time.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

God is trying to tell you not to be clever anymore.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

Or to backup my work...

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home