Monday, February 25, 2008

So Much For Plan B

li li /vcpiojvcz56blpbghhgl[p h mnnmnm'

/' hg hghghg gujhg ujjjjjj n n n n

No, I'm not having a brain spasm. Aaron woke up just as I logged in and started to type, so he got to take a crack at blogging. Perhaps we'll work on English a bit more before we take on Keyboarding.

I feel like a major failure. I'm still waiting on my Praxis I scores (well, score...I do still have the other two), so that's not it. You see, the other part of The Plan was to do a lot of substituting between now and when the NTLP starts up and I won't be able to work at all (of course, that's most likely in July which means there would've been a bit of a time lapse between when school ends, but if all went as planned that wouldn't have mattered) which would keep everything going until that good teacher money starts rolling in (which is only said somewhat ironically as my library checks were abysmally small...I couldn't pee on the poverty line without getting my feet wet). The disappointment comes in when you take into account that I've been out of the library all this month and I've subbed a whopping three, count 'em, three times. I've got two more actually lined up later this week, for a total of five (for the mathematically impaired), which is just enough to say that this is bloody stupid.

Now, I realize, intellectually, that I have no control over how often I get called in. I mean, I'm new, so they're surely going to call in the old standbys first, but I've signed up in four separate school districts at ALL levels and February is supposedly the sickest month of the year. Even still, I feel like somehow this is my fault and I'm officially bummed.

Upside is that I get more family time. Downside is that family time doesn't put food on the table.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Cottrell said...

As you approach the end of the school year, you'll find that you'll get more calls. The subs who started at the beginning of the year will reach their maximum number of days soon (they're only allowed so many days per year), and they'll need newer subs to step in. Also, as you get more sub work, they'll just start calling you more often.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Noise Monkey said...

Yeah...it's just the breaking in that's spirit breaking.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home